Maximus | Attain
Senior UX DESIGNER
Feb 2021 - Present
- Promoted to Senior UX Associate after exceeding objectives and performance metrics including, but not limited to, leading human-centered design Center of Excellence efforts for new business acquisitions by way of oral presentations with federal clients and building organization wide design assets to display the organization’s HCD methodology and UX capabilities.
- Lead UI/UX demos/presentations and collaborate with more than five cross-functional engineering teams that include a large network of product owners, branch chiefs, data scientists, and engineers to manage cross-team dependencies, mitigate risks, and plan to successfully deploy products that are usable, Section 508 conformant, and critical to federal infrastructure.
- Design end-to-end user journey maps and prototypes after gathering business requirements via stakeholder interviews and led usability testing of those prototypes.
- Integrate holistic user experience practices into the Agile process and collaborate with engineering teams by way of design thinking workshops and sketch-a-thons and produce development ready wireframes, prototypes, and assets while contributing to and pulling from React design systems and UI kits such as Baseweb, USWDS, etc.
- Mentor junior UX team members on information architecture, visual design, and user engagement strategy. This includes verifying knowledge of tools and resources, extensive documentation in Maestro Confluence, and additional trainings/onboarding as needed.
Feb 2020 - Feb 2021
- Initiate user research strategies, product design sprints, usability testing, and interview users and key personnel to identify new requirements and user stories for development with high business value while eliminating risks and ensuring maximum accessibility.
- Design and iterate on user research insights to design high-fidelity prototypes, user interface components, interaction designs, design systems, and documentation for 5+ enterprise level government applications with over 100,000 daily users globally.
- Analyze user research interviews, transcripts, and data to create product design components that include user personas and journey maps and ensure design processes are included early and often in the Agile process and communicate design rationale through concise and compelling stories that integrate user-centered design into the product life cycle.
- Lead Section 508 testing efforts for 3 enterprise web applications to ensure conformance for users interacting with products via assistive technology such as screen readers, dictation services, or keyboard only.
Enoch Coalition LLC
Lead Product Designer
Aug 2016 - Present
- Produced print and delivered over digital products including book covers, physical/digital merchandise, and websites/user interfaces, with Adobe Creative Suite and front-end web development, that have boosted client revenue by over $10,000+.
- Applied user experience methodologies in user research, designing user flow/journey maps, information architecture, wireframes, prototyping, low and high-fidelity mockups, and iterating to meet or exceed customer goals and user needs.
- Generated mood boards, design systems, design assets, elements, and mobile-first components in Adobe XD and translated those designs to Squarespace and WordPress CMS for non-profits and social impact organizations.
- Organized client management system, managed lead generation and client proposal presentations, consulted on budget, analyzed SEO, marketing materials, and copy on websites while remaining in compliance of client needs and brand identity.
Code the Dream
Frontend Software Developer
Feb 2019 - Aug 2019
- Designed & collaborated with a team of developers to create high-fidelity prototypes and mockups of mobile application.
- Completed 3 web applications, including a YouTube video fetching tool, using front-end programming libraries and frameworks such as React JS and Material UI.
- Collaborated with an international and cross-functional team to provide a creative brief for new UI/UX designers to increase their knowledge of user experience practices.
- Trusted Tester v5 Certification for Web on Windows (Section 508 Certificate) - Office of Accessible Systems and Technology
- Public Trust Clearance
UNC-Greensboro, August 2013
Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Pre-Law Concentration